Sunday, May 3, 2015

Posting Late! (And Prom)

Missy Tippens, here. I'm sorry I missed my post day on Friday. But there's still one day left in the weekend! :)

It's been an exciting weekend. My daughter had her senior prom! Saturday night I got to go take photos of my daughter and her friends. I'm thankful they don't mind us moms (and dads) tagging along for pictures! Since she and a couple of her friends were also on prom court, we got to go to the dance to take photos. It was fun to get to see them all dancing. And since other parents were there as well, I guess I wasn't too much of an embarrassment. :)

It's hard to believe my "baby" (the youngest of three kids) is a senior. No more dances or dance photos. No more school field trips to chaperone. No more sleepovers with lots of girls giggling in the other room.

It's going to be a lot quieter around here for my husband and me. I'd love to hear suggestions on how to deal with an empty nest.

I shared this photo on one of my other blogs the other day. My daughter and I bought it. It'll be her morning reminder to call home! ;)


One thing to look forward to this fall will be more time to write! But for now, I'm excited to announce my new release that just came out from Love Inspired!

The Doctor's Second Chance

The Bachelor's Baby 

Jake West's troubled cousin leaves him with a most unusual parting gift—her newborn baby girl! And now the small-town contractor is forced to seek help from the very woman he resents—the new big-city pediatrician who practically stole his uncle's practice, Violet Crenshaw. Violet knows she shouldn't be consorting with the enemy. But she can't resist the adorable baby and her handsome new caretaker. Violet traded her chance at motherhood for her career years ago. But raising a family with Jake could be everything she's ever wanted.

Click here to read an excerpt!

www.missytippens.com

2 comments:

Debby Giusti said...

At least she won't be far away, Missy! That's a plus. Lots of opportunities for weekend fun!

I still get excited when our daughter comes home. She brings joy to our hearts and laughter to our home! So I understand your empty nest concerns.

Jennifer said...

No empty nesting here for quite some time yet! :) Jenny