Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Spring blooms by Leann Harris

I love Spring. It is a coming to life, which follows up after Easter. My iris have quietly come to life and have opened up and started blooming. When I was teaching, I'd cut an iris everyday and take it with me to school so I could look at it and have a moment of joy. My mother-in-law had half her backyard filled with iris, 50 different varieties and that was in the 1960's. I wish I had cutting from her garden, but I only have my husband's pictures. Also my hyacinth is blooming. (Ignore the weed.)




3 comments:

Jennifer said...

Hi Leann, It's great to see flowers starting to bloom and trees budding! They're all so pretty now. My mom used to have an Iris growing in the backyard it was purple with white stripes. There's a bunch growing on the camp where I live and work. Thank you for sharing your lovely flowers. Jenny

Jackie Smith said...

Lovely, Leann! My Mom had 2-3 iris flowers, but I don't have any.
Happy Spring to you...and to Jennifer!

Keli Gwyn said...

It's such fun watching the signs of spring appear. My favorite are the flowering fruit trees with their pretty pink blooms.