Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Looking for your help...

Good morning! Jenna Mindel here with a question. Okay, maybe a couple of questions. As a reader, especially a reader of Love Inspired romances, what draws you to pick up the latest copy on the shelves? Is it the cover? A favorite author, or that the book is part of a series of connected stories?

I'm currently working on a proposal for a new series, and while I know what I like in a series - that connection that keeps me coming back for more books, I was wondering about other folks' preferences.
Do you look for a common setting like a small town? A family connection,or a series built around an interesting occupation. Or even an exotic place.

Let me know your thoughts!

And if you email me your name and address through my website www.jennamindel.com  you'll be entered to win a copy of my January release, Season of Redemption.  Thanks, so much!

4 comments:

Jenna Mindel said...

Jackie,
Thanks so much for your post! I tend to like following families or even friends that crop up in stories and then get their own books.

And I'm grateful too - for other authors and readers!! Especially readers. It's a huge blessing to hear back that something I wrote touched someone!

Jenna Mindel said...

BW,
Awesome! It's nice to know those covers really do catch the eye! I know I'm drawn to them too.
Thank you so much for your comments.

Have a blessed day. :)

Jennifer said...

Hi Jenna, I love a series that revisits characters from the book before with some humor, family or without family. I don't like when there are two men or two women that are competing for the main character . Some suspense is good or a pet as a sidekick and I like when the hero rescues the heroine. Jenny
Cover, author and back blurb help as well but I won't turn down a book unless it has questionable content.
Hi all ladies that are present!

Jenna Mindel said...

Jennifer,
Thanks so much for stopping by and I love your comments. I too, love novella's - they are a great fix during the busy holiday or summer seasons when time is crunched.

Have a blessed day!